Weight Watchers Recipes Categories
Potato Bacon Soup
7 SmartPoints Per Serving
1. Coarsely chop the baked potatoes and set aside.
2. Cook the bacon in a soup pot until crisp and set aside, leave 1 teaspoons drippings in the pan.
3. Add 1/2 the scallions & garlic to drippings and sautee until soft.
4. Add broth, salt, cayenne, and chopped potatoes, mash some of the potatoes against the side of the pan w/ a
wooden spoon or w/ a potato masher.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook 2-3 more minutes.
6. Add in half-and-half and parsley, return to simmer.
7. Serve w/ remaining green onions & crumbled bacon on top.
Makes 4 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 259, Sat. Fat 0.9 g, Protein 11 g, Carbs 51 g, Sodium 750 mg,
Disclaimer: Weight Watchers is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Authentic information about the program
is only available at your local Weight Watchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International in any way, and Weight Watchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for
WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting
for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice
or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
32 ounces baked russet potatoes, about 4 large
4 slices low-sodium bacon
1 bunch scallion, sliced thin
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup fat-free half-and-half
1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)