Weight Watchers Recipes Categories
Lemon Angel Food Cake
7 PointsPlus Per Serving
1. Preheat oven to 300°F Sift flour into a dry mixing bowl. Sift sugar into a separate bowl and set both aside.
2. Using a copper or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites first until foamy. At this point add salt and cream of
tartar if using stainless steel bowl and then beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold in sugar with rubber
spatula. Next, fold flour in to egg white and sugar mixture in 2 batches. Now, gently fold in vanilla, almond
and lemon juice. When all has been incorporated, pour batter into a 10-inch non-stick tube pan and smooth
3. Bake for approximately 1 hour until cake is pale creamy brown color and top springs back when gently
touched with finger and/or a wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool cake upside down in pan.
4. When cool, remove cake from pan and frost with Lemon Glaze Icing
5. To make glaze: Sift sugar into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and beat until smooth. Drip, drizzle or pour
icing on top of cake after it has cooled.
Makes 14 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 243, Total Fat 0.2 g, Protein 4.8 g, Carbs 56 g, Sodium 66 mg,
Fiber 0.2 g
Disclaimer: Weight Watchers is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Authentic information about the program
is only available at your local Weight Watchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International in any way, and Weight Watchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for
WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting
for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice
or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
2 cups sugar
14 egg whites, at room temperature
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Glaze Icing
1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
4 -5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice