Disclaimer: Weight Watchers is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Authentic information about the program is only available at your local Weight Watchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International in any way, and
Weight Watchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not
warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First
Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical
conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
Applebee's Chicken Tortilla Soup
4 SmartPoints Per Serving
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
4 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
4 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup water
1 lb cooked chicken, cubed
1 cup evaporated milk
8 ounces processed cheese, 1-inch
10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, 1/4-inch
1. Sauté garlic and onions in large pan o until soft.
2. Add ingredients 4 through 13. Bring to low boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips and spray with Pam then bake at 400ºF (while soup is
4. Thoroughly mix flour and water, then whisk into soup. Bring to a low boil, then simmer 5
5. Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Stir in cheese (more or less of each, depending on taste). Ensure 165ºF serving temperature.
7. After serving soup, pile tortilla strips into a "haystack" shape on top of the soup.
8. Optional: garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Nutritional Info: Calories 188; Carbs 19g; Protein 19g; Fat 4g; Sat. Fat 0.9; Fiber 1.6g;